I might be getting ahead of myself, but Winter is here and the temperature is certainly dropping. Pack away the shorts and bring out the sweaters! Cool weather calls for hot beverages, especially on those chilly winter nights. Many warm beverages come to mind, but I’d like to offer a twist on a cold weather classic. When it comes to sweets, I love combining the goodness raw cacao with the delicious nutrients found in organic coconut oil. This Coconut Hot Chocolate is creamy and delicious, and in moderation, really good for you!
The Whipped Cream
½ cup of Full Fat Coconut Milk (Chilled)
½ tsp. of Vanilla or Almond Extract
The Hot Chocolate
14 oz. of Organic Coconut Milk (14 oz.)
1 cup of Whole Milk
3 ounces of Organic Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
1 tbsp. of Bovine Colostrum
3 tbsp. of Organic Raw Cacao
3 tbsp. of Maple Syrup or Raw Honey
1 tbsp. of Perfect Coconut Oil
1 tsp. of Schizandra Berry Extract
1/2 tsp. of Vanilla or Almond Extract
1/2 cup of Coconut Flakes (Toasted)
Directions: Coconut milk actually whips up quite similarly to heavy whipping cream; BUT the coconut milk MUST be cold. Refrigerate (at least 6 hours) ahead of time to ensure optimum temperature. Combine chilled coconut and the extract of your choice. Whisk the combination until soft peaks form. Set aside.
In a medium sauce pan, combine coconut milk, whole milk, chopped chocolate, raw cacao, schizandra berry extract, bovine colostrum, sweetener of your choice, and coconut oil. Stir over medium heat until smooth and steaming. Remove from heat and add extract of your choice.
Top with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.
Makes 3-4 delicious servings. Enjoy!
Some of The Benefits:
- Anti-Inflammatory activity (including arthritis, colitis and other similar conditions.
- Allergy Relief: Contains antibodies against allergens of clinical importance to humans.
- Antioxidants and Anti-aging: Colostrum is rich in antioxidants, mostly glutathione, the most powerful antioxidant known which protect your DNA, proteins and lipids from damages.
- Skin Health and Wound Healing: since it contains large amount of anti oxidant, it helps promote healthy skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Very effective for preventing Cold and Flu.
- Liver Detox.
- Rejuvenate the skin, help to maintain its moisture while also protecting it from environmental and external stress.
- Enhances sex drive in both men and women.
- and many many more!