I’ve been on a healthy pie kick lately. Maybe it’s the rapidly approaching Holiday Season or maybe it’s just my love for making desserts a little bit healthier, either way, I guarantee you’ll love my latest recipes! This Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie is a dessert that you can feel good about. Why? Because it’s packed with satisfying healthy fats, antioxidant rich cacao, and it’s sweetened with naturally occurring, low glycemic, coconut sugar.
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. of Colostrum
- 1 tbsp. of Pine Pollen
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Perfect Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 vegan pie crust*
- 1 handful coconut flakes, optional
*Similar to the Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe, I used a pre-made, organic, vegan pie crust from the freezer section of Whole Foods. Feel free to use your favorite pie crust recipe as a substitute.
- Refrigerate a can of coconut cream, upside down, for at least 12 hours.
- Cook pie crust according to directions.
- If you’d like, toast coconut flakes while pie crust is cooking.
- Remove pie crust from oven and let cool completely.
- While pie crust is cooling, scoop thick coconut cream from the upright can leaving remaining liquid at the bottom.
- Add coconut cream to a cold, metal, mixing bowl.
- Add coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter, raw cacao, and vanilla extract.
- Add the pine pollen powder and the colostrum.
- Beat mixture until fully combined, whipped, and fluffy.
- Scoop filling into cooled pie crust and smooth with a large spoon.
- Sprinkle the edges with coconut flakes and then place entire pie in the refrigerator to harden.
- After at least 1 hour of refrigeration, serve and enjoy!
- Recipe makes 1 pie.
- Increased Energy
- Resistance to colds/flu
- Healthy and more youthful skin
- Promotion of weight loss
- Improve cholesterol levels
- Boost immunity
- Control glucose levels
- Boost nutrient absorption
- Detoxification: colostrum is a very powerful detox, it helps your body eliminates all the bad toxins.
- And many more