SO WHAT’S A SUPER FOOD?
Super food is a popular term in the health food industry. It refers to foods that are low in calories and high in nutrients, they contain large doses of antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Since the magic health pill has yet to be invented, superfoods are the body’s best bet.
SO WHY SHOULD WE CONSUME IT?
Imagine a super food, not a drug, powerful enough to help you lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer and for an added bonus, put you in a better mood. Did we mention that there are no side effects? You’d surely stock up on a lifetime supply.
Guess what? These superfoods are available right now online and delivered to your door!
These antioxidant-rich foods reduce the risk for fatal diseases like cancer, according to the American Cancer Society, while allowing us to meet our daily nutritional requirements. Eating them may reduce the risk of chronic disease, prolong life and people who eat more of them are healthier and thinner than those who don’t.
We all may be adding more salads and vegetables to our diets, but concern over the quality of foods grown on mineral depleted soils makes Superfoods an intelligent choice.
TOP 10 SUPER FOOD:
- Pine Pollen: If you are looking to for elite nutrition, a natural products that is packed with more than 200 bio-active nutrients, vitamins and minerals that will maximize your physical and mental health, look no more!
- Chlorella: is a vegetarian protein source that surpasses meat, fish and eggs. In addition to chlorophyll, it contains huge amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, iron, beta-carotene, copper and zinc. Chlorella is an excellent detoxifying agent because it bonds to heavy metals, pesticides and other wastes and eliminates them from the body.
- Spirulina: contains over 100 nutrients, including high levels of Vitamin B12, B complex, beta-carotene, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Spirulina is a complete protein with all eight essential amino acids. It also contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which is found in breast milk.
- Colostrum: Colostrum is the first milk that mammals produce but only for the first few hours before and after they give birth. This milk is packed with 97 immune factors and 87 growth factors so it is considered nature’s first food. Due to its adaptogenic properties it enhances rejuvenation, regeneration and boosts the immune system so you can recharge your body.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil contains unique saturated fats called medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs). These MCFAs contain Lauric Acid. The body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is a monoglyceride compound. This compound exhibits antiviral, antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and antifugal properties. Coconut Oil is one of the only sources for lauric acid other than breast milk.
- Chaga Mushroom: Chaga is like no other mushroom; his texture is hard like wood and is considered one the best anti-aging supplement used so far due to its extremely high ORAC value (anti-oxidant properties) and its concentration of beta glucans, the non-linear complex polysaccharides that give Chaga extract its potent immune supporting properties.
- Acai Berry: The Acai Berry is a small fruit that grows in the Amazon Rainforest. While the Acai berry may be small, it packs an explosive nutritional punch: Antioxidants, Omega fats 3,6, and 9, Amino Acids, Proteins, Xanthones, Anthocyanins, Dietary fiber, Essential minerals – iron, potassium, phosphorus calcium, and phyonutrients.
- Rhodiola Rosea: is a super food herbal supplement that has been widely researched for its ability to increase energy and stamina, uplift mood and reduce stress. Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogenic herb which means that it helps to build resistance to all areas of bodily stress such as extreme heat or cold, toxic chemicals, sleep deprivation, and depression while producing a normalizing influence on the body.
- Reishi Mushroom: is one of the most revered herbs in traditional Chinese Medicine. Reishi, known as “Ling Zhi” in China, was referred to as the “herb of spiritual potency” and the “ten thousand year mushroom.” References to reishi extract’s use go back as far as 100 B.C.
- Green Coffee Bean: Raw green coffee beans contain a number of polyphenol antioxidants that provide numerous health benefits. Of particular interest, green coffee beans contains a powerful antioxidant called Chlorogenic Acid. Research suggests that the Chlorogenic Acid found in green coffee beans may help people lose weight, boost their metabolism and lower their blood pressure.
Article Written by: Teddy Nseir